Whole Hog v Avolites

Hi All i'm new to the forum.

I first was going to buy myself a Whole Hog until i heard it was quite difficult to use but that was 8 years ago, so i bought myself an Avolites Pearl 2000. I am about ready to update/upgrade and was wondering if anyone can tell me more about using the Whole Hog to the Avolites?
Parents
  • Essentially, and this goes for all consoles actually, they are all tools. Tools that helps us do our job, efficient, easier and better. First of all, you have to consider how you like your tools to work for you. How do you like doing the job?

The Avolites range of consoles are very hands on live enviroment oriented, but it's not a programmers desk. With no offence to avolites, it has cheaper hardware than the Hog range, faders that needs replacing ever so often, buttons that are horrible on the fingers and a small monocolour lcd display and runs on a dos based operating system.

The Wholehog range of consoles are more expensive, yes, but with more robust hardware, they are programmers consoles with the nice buttons, faders and big bright lcd touch screens.

They can all pretty much do the same job, they just do it slightly different. I have been using both avo and hogs for about 10 years now and personally, I will always go with Hog if I can choose, as I think it has some clear advantages over the avo series.

But, and here's my point, that is because I like cuelist programming, long keystroke commands and recently, networking capabilites and multiple console systems, and because of that, I always go with the hog. If you don't like keystroke programming, can't keep track of numbers in your head fairly easily and much prefer lots of direct access faders and buttons, then you might want to choose something else than the hog. It all comes down to your personal prefernce in the end, that is, if you have the budget luxury to choose this or that way.
  • Essentially, and this goes for all consoles actually, they are all tools. Tools that helps us do our job, efficient, easier and better. First of all, you have to consider how you like your tools to work for you. How do you like doing the job?

The Avolites range of consoles are very hands on live enviroment oriented, but it's not a programmers desk. With no offence to avolites, it has cheaper hardware than the Hog range, faders that needs replacing ever so often, buttons that are horrible on the fingers and a small monocolour lcd display and runs on a dos based operating system.

The Wholehog range of consoles are more expensive, yes, but with more robust hardware, they are programmers consoles with the nice buttons, faders and big bright lcd touch screens.

They can all pretty much do the same job, they just do it slightly different. I have been using both avo and hogs for about 10 years now and personally, I will always go with Hog if I can choose, as I think it has some clear advantages over the avo series.

But, and here's my point, that is because I like cuelist programming, long keystroke commands and recently, networking capabilites and multiple console systems, and because of that, I always go with the hog. If you don't like keystroke programming, can't keep track of numbers in your head fairly easily and much prefer lots of direct access faders and buttons, then you might want to choose something else than the hog. It all comes down to your personal prefernce in the end, that is, if you have the budget luxury to choose this or that way.
Children
No Data
Related