Console Networking

:hogsign:

I just received in my inventory a hog 3 and a ipc. I have a rather odd question.I saw a LD come into the ballroom i run and he was using 2 GrandMa consoles with one running as a main and the other simultanueously as a backup. Is it possible to setup my 3 and ipc in this config. This is my first experience on these boards so please forgive the goofy nature of the question.
Parents
  • Not a goofy question at all...

If you do a search for "tracking backup" you will most likely come up with some answers.

In your situation, the way I would do it, should you want true backup, would be to load the show on both consoles. Hook them up via MIDI so that the console triggers each other. You would then take the DMX outputs from the DP2000 and the outputs from the iPC into a 4-universe switch. Console run together and, if there is a problem, throw the switch and the backup console takes over.

Does that help you out?
  • Not a goofy question at all...

If you do a search for "tracking backup" you will most likely come up with some answers.

In your situation, the way I would do it, should you want true backup, would be to load the show on both consoles. Hook them up via MIDI so that the console triggers each other. You would then take the DMX outputs from the DP2000 and the outputs from the iPC into a 4-universe switch. Console run together and, if there is a problem, throw the switch and the backup console takes over.

Does that help you out?
Children
No Data
Related