Change Type accuracy

Hi Maybe can someone can tell me why some fixtures seem to work better when using this feature.
Recently changed fixture types a few times and am getting very mixed results changing from mac profiles to varilites?

I understand fixed colour wheels versus CMY fixtures won't work but even simple position pallettes were so far out as to be almost not worth having.
I didn't have tilt inverted or anything and all the studio colours i had changed type perfectly......

Any tips to make this happen in a more a graceful way would be good.

Cj
Parents
  • Hi brad,
    Ok cheers at least i can ignore that issue then...if you had this problem what would your workaround be ?
    This is more than likely my show but a few things i'm seeing often.

Colour information does not update lists after change type from CMY to fixed wheel fixtures even if you update colour palettes.
    Again this may be my show but my guess was if you update a colour palette no matter what the fixture the list should update?? I know and understand that fixtures vary but why if i update a palette will the list not then update?
    So if i update "blue" no matter if it's CMY or fixed wheel that is blue...i'm getting varied and not constant results when changing.

Using "fan" in any position when creating focus palletes creates issues in new fixture show ie varied and not constant results.I feel this could be more reliable.

Would be great if there was some sort of mask available when changing type...to include/exclude colour/position/time/effects/beam.
    Would mean that not all information is constantly changing and having to be updated.

thanks again for the reply.
    C
  • Hi brad,
    Ok cheers at least i can ignore that issue then...if you had this problem what would your workaround be ?
    This is more than likely my show but a few things i'm seeing often.

Colour information does not update lists after change type from CMY to fixed wheel fixtures even if you update colour palettes.
    Again this may be my show but my guess was if you update a colour palette no matter what the fixture the list should update?? I know and understand that fixtures vary but why if i update a palette will the list not then update?
    So if i update "blue" no matter if it's CMY or fixed wheel that is blue...i'm getting varied and not constant results when changing.

Using "fan" in any position when creating focus palletes creates issues in new fixture show ie varied and not constant results.I feel this could be more reliable.

Would be great if there was some sort of mask available when changing type...to include/exclude colour/position/time/effects/beam.
    Would mean that not all information is constantly changing and having to be updated.

thanks again for the reply.
    C
Children
No Data
Related