Change Type accuracy

Hi Maybe can someone can tell me why some fixtures seem to work better when using this feature.
Recently changed fixture types a few times and am getting very mixed results changing from mac profiles to varilites?

I understand fixed colour wheels versus CMY fixtures won't work but even simple position pallettes were so far out as to be almost not worth having.
I didn't have tilt inverted or anything and all the studio colours i had changed type perfectly......

Any tips to make this happen in a more a graceful way would be good.

Cj
Parents
  • Cormac,

You said " Colour information does not update lists after change type from CMY to fixed wheel fixtures even if you update colour palettes."

This is true. If you have a fixture with CMY and then convert it to a fixture with only Color 1, then there is no data in the cues for the color 1 parameter. After you update the palette then you need to also update the cues with the palette information. Note though that you can "get lucky" if you are converting from a fixture that has CMY + Color 1 to a fixture with only Color 1 because there will be color 1 data in the cues and palettes prior to converting.

" Using "fan" in any position when creating focus palletes creates issues in new fixture show ie varied and not constant results."
    Do you mean that the positions are different? Please explain further.

"Would be great if there was some sort of mask available when changing type...to include/exclude colour/position/time/effects/beam"
    Interesting.. I will think on this and then log the suggestion.
  • Cormac,

You said " Colour information does not update lists after change type from CMY to fixed wheel fixtures even if you update colour palettes."

This is true. If you have a fixture with CMY and then convert it to a fixture with only Color 1, then there is no data in the cues for the color 1 parameter. After you update the palette then you need to also update the cues with the palette information. Note though that you can "get lucky" if you are converting from a fixture that has CMY + Color 1 to a fixture with only Color 1 because there will be color 1 data in the cues and palettes prior to converting.

" Using "fan" in any position when creating focus palletes creates issues in new fixture show ie varied and not constant results."
    Do you mean that the positions are different? Please explain further.

"Would be great if there was some sort of mask available when changing type...to include/exclude colour/position/time/effects/beam"
    Interesting.. I will think on this and then log the suggestion.
Children
No Data
Related