Change Type accuracy

Hi Maybe can someone can tell me why some fixtures seem to work better when using this feature.
Recently changed fixture types a few times and am getting very mixed results changing from mac profiles to varilites?

I understand fixed colour wheels versus CMY fixtures won't work but even simple position pallettes were so far out as to be almost not worth having.
I didn't have tilt inverted or anything and all the studio colours i had changed type perfectly......

Any tips to make this happen in a more a graceful way would be good.

Cj
Parents
  • Cormac,

The trouble with fixing the Studio Beam change type glitch as you call it is very involved and rather unique to Studio Beam (and Studio Color 250). The reason as you know is that the fixture has fixed colors that share with the color mix wheels. This resulted in a special library that breaks the CMY into fixed colors as well, and this leads to the bug.

I wish I could give you a date of when we will fix this, but right now we have many other items that are higher priority. I will talk with Steve to see if there is anything we can do in a short term, but I know we have looked over this many times.

Fortunately this is a rather isolated bug to the Studio Beam and Studio Color 250 fixture types.

thanks for your understanding,
  • Cormac,

The trouble with fixing the Studio Beam change type glitch as you call it is very involved and rather unique to Studio Beam (and Studio Color 250). The reason as you know is that the fixture has fixed colors that share with the color mix wheels. This resulted in a special library that breaks the CMY into fixed colors as well, and this leads to the bug.

I wish I could give you a date of when we will fix this, but right now we have many other items that are higher priority. I will talk with Steve to see if there is anything we can do in a short term, but I know we have looked over this many times.

Fortunately this is a rather isolated bug to the Studio Beam and Studio Color 250 fixture types.

thanks for your understanding,
Children
No Data
Related