Visualisers

Any chance of future versions being able to support visualization software running on the system to external monitors? Im an MSD user and would find it a handy feature being able to run my software on the one unit instead of carrying both
Parents
  • Stuart,

We've discussed implementing basic visualization functionality into our console range and it's something that may happen in the future. Personally, I feel that there are some advantages to running visualizer software on a separate computer. First, visualization software tends to require lots of processing power. Running a visualizer on the console means that there are less system resources available for controlling your lighting rig and responding to user input. Second, different people have different needs for visualizers. By offering Ethernet connection to WYSIWYG, ESP Vision, MSD, and Capture, our users can choose the visualizer that best suits their needs. Third, developing a visualizer is a large undertaking and having developers working on this would mean fewer developers working on other enhancements.

This is just my personal opinion. We certainly haven't ruled out the possibility of adding some visualization functionality to the console. What visualization features would you like to see running on the console?

Thanks.
  • Stuart,

We've discussed implementing basic visualization functionality into our console range and it's something that may happen in the future. Personally, I feel that there are some advantages to running visualizer software on a separate computer. First, visualization software tends to require lots of processing power. Running a visualizer on the console means that there are less system resources available for controlling your lighting rig and responding to user input. Second, different people have different needs for visualizers. By offering Ethernet connection to WYSIWYG, ESP Vision, MSD, and Capture, our users can choose the visualizer that best suits their needs. Third, developing a visualizer is a large undertaking and having developers working on this would mean fewer developers working on other enhancements.

This is just my personal opinion. We certainly haven't ruled out the possibility of adding some visualization functionality to the console. What visualization features would you like to see running on the console?

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related