Multiple fixture types, one show

I am starting to program a tour involving spot and wash movers, and lekos and pars. Unfortunalty I will not be touring a lighting rig, and will be getting whatever kind of automation that the locals can provide.We will be bringing an iPC with us to four different countries.

I am hoping that someone could advise a good setup to minimize reprogramming the entire show in each city. We have spec'd Mac2ks and studio colours or VL2500 spot and washes, but I expect that we will run into more than that :dunno:.

Please help! :confused:
Parents
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I do run in 3 mode, and will stick with CMY. As for the gobos, I've used the change type function once, and that is indeed the biggest problem. I didn't notice replicate fixtures before. That would have made life easier the last fixture-du-jour show I did.....

I was thinking of pre-adding a list of potential fixtures into the show, and then referencing the default gobo beam pallets to custom beam pallets that I will program into the cues. Is this a dumb idea and too much extra work for no gain? Or will it potentially save time on load in days where everything is messed up?

Thanks again!

Justin
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I do run in 3 mode, and will stick with CMY. As for the gobos, I've used the change type function once, and that is indeed the biggest problem. I didn't notice replicate fixtures before. That would have made life easier the last fixture-du-jour show I did.....

I was thinking of pre-adding a list of potential fixtures into the show, and then referencing the default gobo beam pallets to custom beam pallets that I will program into the cues. Is this a dumb idea and too much extra work for no gain? Or will it potentially save time on load in days where everything is messed up?

Thanks again!

Justin
Children
No Data
Related