Cannot get WYSYWYG to connect to HOG3PC

I am using WYSIWYG 21 on my laptop running HOG3PC 2.3.1 (b1932) with the WholeHog connectivity driver version 1.08. I have two DMX Widgets.

I run HOG3PC first and load my show. I then run WYSIWYG and the connectivity window pops up and shows Status: Running, a session address, and Info: Outputs Active. Port 6600 and User Number 1.

I have WYSIWYG set with two universes A and B. My conventionals are patched into A and my movers into B. I have a WholeHog III DP device added in the Device Manager and have bound universe A to Output 1 and universe B to Output 2 with the Address Field set to 1.

When I press Connect, I get a green dot below my System Tray Hog Icon and "WholeHog III DP: / " in the Live Module Status line of WYSIWYG.

However, no output. My Grand Master is up on the HOG. I have "connect on load" set in WYSIWYG and when I save the file and reload WYSIWYG I get the error message:

"Could not connect the following consoles: WholeHog III DP ; "

What am I missing?
  • The quick answer is to press HIGHLIGHT, then type 1 ENTER, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, and so on.
    Thanks
  • I'm jumping in on this thread to clear up a couple of things.

Cast supports hooking up hog and wyg, but not on the same computer. The fact that we do it in the wild gives them some consternation.

I too just had trouble hooking up my two favorite software tools. Interestingly enough both shows that had problems acted exactly the same. The both came up with the "cannot connect" label.

Both shows had conventionals on one universe and movers on another. Ie: two universes. I'm attaching a word document that I got on the Lightnetwork that shows what some of the challenges to hooking up on the same computer. If it works for some and not for others then the software people should (I hope) get to the bottom of why.

One final thought: I thought that the loopback adapter was the only way to hook up Hog III PC. Not true?
  • One final thought: I thought that the loopback adapter was the only way to hook up Hog III PC. Not true?

Hog3PC works fine with an existing TCP/IP connection either wired or wireless. The loopback adapter works when you're not connected to any other connection and is also more stable.

I learned this while running a show using the college's wireless internet service. During a Saturday night performance, Information Services decided to take the wireless system down for maintenance and the show went with it.

I'm glad to see Flying Pig has bundled the MS Loopback Adapter as part of the Hog3PC package. It is all I connect with now.
Related