iPC Full Restore Disk won't boot...

Hi folks

Just wondering if I am missing something here.

I have downloaded the latest XP image for an iPC in ISO form and burnt it to disk but when i boot the console with it in the drive it does not come up with the press any key prompt and boots normally.

The contents of the ISO image are on the disk as various files and folders and can be seen on the console by browsing the disk.

I have also got the external keyboard plugged in and it is working.

Any Ideas??

S
Parents
  • Hi,
    this is unlikely but i have seen it once before where the bios settings of an IPC were changed so that the CD drive was not selected as the first option to boot from.
    Is there a possibility that the internal battery has been changed recently or these settings have changed by accident?

I would download another copy of the IPC iso and using the software such as deepburner pro for PC or another type for mac create an iso disc.
    I do not want to state the obvious but you cannot just burn an ISO on a PC you need to create one using a software program.

Can you burn/save a show on your IPC drive? Check if you can do this to make sure the drive is working to some degree.

Hope this is clear and of some help.

I will let someone from HE comment on the bios settings as it can be slightly tricky to explain.

Best C
  • Hi,
    this is unlikely but i have seen it once before where the bios settings of an IPC were changed so that the CD drive was not selected as the first option to boot from.
    Is there a possibility that the internal battery has been changed recently or these settings have changed by accident?

I would download another copy of the IPC iso and using the software such as deepburner pro for PC or another type for mac create an iso disc.
    I do not want to state the obvious but you cannot just burn an ISO on a PC you need to create one using a software program.

Can you burn/save a show on your IPC drive? Check if you can do this to make sure the drive is working to some degree.

Hope this is clear and of some help.

I will let someone from HE comment on the bios settings as it can be slightly tricky to explain.

Best C
Children
No Data
Related