iPC Full Restore Disk won't boot...

Hi folks

Just wondering if I am missing something here.

I have downloaded the latest XP image for an iPC in ISO form and burnt it to disk but when i boot the console with it in the drive it does not come up with the press any key prompt and boots normally.

The contents of the ISO image are on the disk as various files and folders and can be seen on the console by browsing the disk.

I have also got the external keyboard plugged in and it is working.

Any Ideas??

S
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply.

The ISO image was burnt correctly to disc. I have since tried it in an old desktop pc and it booted and ran right through the setup till it got to "this is an unknown desk"!

I have also burnt a disc and loaded a show on the iPC using the CD drive and all worked well.

The date of the desk on the rear is 2005. Would a bios battery go in that time?? I'm guessing all that's left is the Bois Boot sequence option. Anyone got any ideas of the procedure of getting that one sorted? I am aware how you would change this on a normal PC but on the iPC I have read all that stuff is locked out. I did have a go and got a password prompt.

Thanks for any info in advance!

S
  • Thanks for the reply.

The ISO image was burnt correctly to disc. I have since tried it in an old desktop pc and it booted and ran right through the setup till it got to "this is an unknown desk"!

I have also burnt a disc and loaded a show on the iPC using the CD drive and all worked well.

The date of the desk on the rear is 2005. Would a bios battery go in that time?? I'm guessing all that's left is the Bois Boot sequence option. Anyone got any ideas of the procedure of getting that one sorted? I am aware how you would change this on a normal PC but on the iPC I have read all that stuff is locked out. I did have a go and got a password prompt.

Thanks for any info in advance!

S
Children
No Data
Related