H3 using iPC outputs

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm gonna shoot it out anyway:

I have an H3 and an IPC- I was hoping to use the outputs on the iPC as a second "DP2000" thus extending my outputs by 4 universes. I networked and it didn't see it ... which i sorta figured.

Now, in theory, if I load my show on the iPC, then connect the iPC to the real DP2000 on my H3, i should get 8 outputs right? Then I can just network, and use my H3 as the "slave" console and everything would be lovely, assuming nothing crashes? (I have my 2 ext screens and wing on my H3)

I'll prob try it sometime but if I really need to look for another DP2000, I need a real answer on whether or not this would work, or if it does, whether or not it would be recommended for a real show.

-- Stephen
Parents
  • OK, I tested this idea as follows and seemed to work:

Took my show file from my W3, loaded to my iPC. Loaded the show, with iPC as console 1, running server. Outputs 1-4 active. Added the DP2000 on the network, thus seeing outputs 5-8.

Then on my W3, changed it to console 2, no server, and connected to that networked show. Patched same as above, and it seems to work fine. Just wondering the stability of the whole network thing (as I've had issues in the past disconnecting my H3PC station from the network and having everything goto full for a few seconds)

Any further ideas?
  • OK, I tested this idea as follows and seemed to work:

Took my show file from my W3, loaded to my iPC. Loaded the show, with iPC as console 1, running server. Outputs 1-4 active. Added the DP2000 on the network, thus seeing outputs 5-8.

Then on my W3, changed it to console 2, no server, and connected to that networked show. Patched same as above, and it seems to work fine. Just wondering the stability of the whole network thing (as I've had issues in the past disconnecting my H3PC station from the network and having everything goto full for a few seconds)

Any further ideas?
Children
No Data
Related