H3 using iPC outputs

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm gonna shoot it out anyway:

I have an H3 and an IPC- I was hoping to use the outputs on the iPC as a second "DP2000" thus extending my outputs by 4 universes. I networked and it didn't see it ... which i sorta figured.

Now, in theory, if I load my show on the iPC, then connect the iPC to the real DP2000 on my H3, i should get 8 outputs right? Then I can just network, and use my H3 as the "slave" console and everything would be lovely, assuming nothing crashes? (I have my 2 ext screens and wing on my H3)

I'll prob try it sometime but if I really need to look for another DP2000, I need a real answer on whether or not this would work, or if it does, whether or not it would be recommended for a real show.

-- Stephen
Parents
  • Ok...in that scenario I could see it working.

I was thinking about it in a different scenario. Basically, because you are networking in the DP2000 and not the iPC, you can get the additional 4 universes. All you basically did was add a DP2000 to the iPC. It's not gaining the iPC outputs on the H3.

I didn't fully read your first post well enough to see the second scenario.

So yes, using the H3 as the "slave" console, you end up getting the outputs of the IPC and the DP2000 being controlled by H3 (networked).
  • Ok...in that scenario I could see it working.

I was thinking about it in a different scenario. Basically, because you are networking in the DP2000 and not the iPC, you can get the additional 4 universes. All you basically did was add a DP2000 to the iPC. It's not gaining the iPC outputs on the H3.

I didn't fully read your first post well enough to see the second scenario.

So yes, using the H3 as the "slave" console, you end up getting the outputs of the IPC and the DP2000 being controlled by H3 (networked).
Children
No Data
Related