installer problems tablet pc

I just received my tablet pc and trying to install hogpc on it. I get the error that service pack 2 is requierd for installing and then installation is aborted.

The tablet pc is running:

microsoft windows xp
Tablet pc edition 2005
version 2002
Service pack 3

When i check for windows updates there are none available

Can anybody help me ?

Greetings

Frank
Parents
  • Ok could have figured that out myself. Never trust a windows update...:finger:

For those who are intrested in downgrading this is how you can downgrade to sp2

To downgrade XP SP3 to SP2 you click START> click control panel> double click add or remove programs> find Windows XP SP3 and click then click uninstall.

Because it may came preinstalled with SP3 you may not have SP2 after that. If you don't have SP2 after go here:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

click download, when its done install it. and your done.

greetings

Frank
  • Ok could have figured that out myself. Never trust a windows update...:finger:

For those who are intrested in downgrading this is how you can downgrade to sp2

To downgrade XP SP3 to SP2 you click START> click control panel> double click add or remove programs> find Windows XP SP3 and click then click uninstall.

Because it may came preinstalled with SP3 you may not have SP2 after that. If you don't have SP2 after go here:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

click download, when its done install it. and your done.

greetings

Frank
Children
No Data
Related