Helping programming theater

I'm having a hard time figuring what is the best way to program a theatrical style cuestack, even if jsut for one act or so- here is my dilema-

i want to keep tracking active, (not use cueonly) as it always ends up helping me, BUT i need to program the stack out of order.

say we program cue 50, 51, 52, then 60, 61, etc. I then want to record / insert cues at the beginning, taking advantage of tracking for the cues I write before those, but not affecting the ones I already wrote? I read something about blocking or not tracking forward, yet i can't seem to master making it work as i want everytime.

say i want to work off the values of cue 50? If say cue 50 had 5 studio color 575 at c50% and y75%, a position preset, and the beam shape where i wanted it then i wanted cue 40 to use some mac250s and include those 5 scolors as well but to have something like c0% m100% y0%. all without having to jump back and figure out where the beam shape was (without using a pallette) :aargh4: then i also don't want those values from the mac250s to move along to cues 60, 61.

i'm sure it's going to be something very simple and will surely help me once i find out that mystical bit i'm missing.

thanks.
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related