RGB LEDs

So, on an RGB LED fixture I can program using the CMY encoders and have the ability to use the Intensity encoder too, or I can program using the Red, Green, and Blue encoders under the Intensity parameters, but can not use the Intensity wheel with this.
Here's my question....I noticed that the LEDs on a SHOWGUN can be programed using Red, Green, and Blue encoders along with a Master LED Intenisty encoder. Why can't an RGB LED fixture have a Master Intensity parameter that will work when programming using RGB and not CMY?
Parents
  • I won't say I know why it is done this way, but my thought is this. The CMY (hue and saturation as well) have to use "intensity" as a channel, not as a color. Because you are using the RGB of let's say a colorblast 12, those being three intensities, you have to choose your option. So the instrument cannot choose both the RGB (technically it's own intensity) and/or CMY (w/ intensity) parameters. As it is, I prefer to use the color picker wheel anyway, just to make it quicker.

Whereas, in the showgun it is more of a color choice as opposed to intensity?

I only get peaved when all I want is let's say "corporate blue" and nothing else, and I cannot program between cues to have intensity at full and just choose blue without mixing it technically.
  • I won't say I know why it is done this way, but my thought is this. The CMY (hue and saturation as well) have to use "intensity" as a channel, not as a color. Because you are using the RGB of let's say a colorblast 12, those being three intensities, you have to choose your option. So the instrument cannot choose both the RGB (technically it's own intensity) and/or CMY (w/ intensity) parameters. As it is, I prefer to use the color picker wheel anyway, just to make it quicker.

Whereas, in the showgun it is more of a color choice as opposed to intensity?

I only get peaved when all I want is let's say "corporate blue" and nothing else, and I cannot program between cues to have intensity at full and just choose blue without mixing it technically.
Children
No Data
Related