RGB LEDs

So, on an RGB LED fixture I can program using the CMY encoders and have the ability to use the Intensity encoder too, or I can program using the Red, Green, and Blue encoders under the Intensity parameters, but can not use the Intensity wheel with this.
Here's my question....I noticed that the LEDs on a SHOWGUN can be programed using Red, Green, and Blue encoders along with a Master LED Intenisty encoder. Why can't an RGB LED fixture have a Master Intensity parameter that will work when programming using RGB and not CMY?
Parents
  • John, it's really simple. I'll give you both options, starting with what I use for my Colorblasts and Blazes. Instead of using the Crossfade IFCB option (unless you want to use that for other options including moving heads/mirrors), just load them as RGB LED's under the generic fixtures. Those will give you options for color via CMY, intensity color via RGB and/or the color wheel using Hue and Saturation on the Hog3 software. It also allows you to literally say fixture 1@full (or any intensity) and then pick a color in the color picker to use. It's a great addition to the library.

Otherwise, if you want to use crossfade IFCB, it's now called crossfade IPCB and is under the specific fader options. Pig+choose your fader and open the options on the upper left. In the master area, choose in the fader dropdown menu IPCB crossfade.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need to know more about the RGB LED option instead. I think you'll like it much better. You can either PM me or just talk on here.
  • John, it's really simple. I'll give you both options, starting with what I use for my Colorblasts and Blazes. Instead of using the Crossfade IFCB option (unless you want to use that for other options including moving heads/mirrors), just load them as RGB LED's under the generic fixtures. Those will give you options for color via CMY, intensity color via RGB and/or the color wheel using Hue and Saturation on the Hog3 software. It also allows you to literally say fixture 1@full (or any intensity) and then pick a color in the color picker to use. It's a great addition to the library.

Otherwise, if you want to use crossfade IFCB, it's now called crossfade IPCB and is under the specific fader options. Pig+choose your fader and open the options on the upper left. In the master area, choose in the fader dropdown menu IPCB crossfade.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need to know more about the RGB LED option instead. I think you'll like it much better. You can either PM me or just talk on here.
Children
No Data
Related