Hog III does not shut down or restart

Hi,

I have problems with a Hog III not restarting or shutting down properly, the problem occurs when an external usb keyboard is attached.

The keyboard itself works fine connected to an usb port on the rear panel of the hog3, but not with a converter to ps2.
It's a Keysonic nano keyboard type ACK-3400U.

I checked it also with a usb hub but this did't make any difference. Is it something with the driver and if so, can we fix this?

best regards,

Robert
Parents
  • I've been seeing the same as Bhagat.

HogIII (seen in last OS release, as well as current)
    1 - Elo touchscreen
    2 - playback miniwings
    *No keyboard at all*

During backups, randomly, at about 10% complete on progress bar, all windows will close to black screens. I can bring up the running processes windows, but as soon as that windows comes up, the console locks up hard (no response to keys or mouse). I can pull power, and console will shutdown immediately (no delay from backup battery). On reboot, saved showfile is corrupt, or course. I can then backup as normal.

This screen blackout seems to be related to uptime, as it doesn't happen after a fresh reboot. The symptoms seem to be exactly what Bhagat has, but without the keyboard common denominator.

Cannot repro on command, but has now happened dozens of times in the last couple of months.

-Bob Brigham
  • I've been seeing the same as Bhagat.

HogIII (seen in last OS release, as well as current)
    1 - Elo touchscreen
    2 - playback miniwings
    *No keyboard at all*

During backups, randomly, at about 10% complete on progress bar, all windows will close to black screens. I can bring up the running processes windows, but as soon as that windows comes up, the console locks up hard (no response to keys or mouse). I can pull power, and console will shutdown immediately (no delay from backup battery). On reboot, saved showfile is corrupt, or course. I can then backup as normal.

This screen blackout seems to be related to uptime, as it doesn't happen after a fresh reboot. The symptoms seem to be exactly what Bhagat has, but without the keyboard common denominator.

Cannot repro on command, but has now happened dozens of times in the last couple of months.

-Bob Brigham
Children
No Data
Related