Road Hog third monitor

Hi,

Firstly, can I just say thanks to you guys at HES for making the USB to VGA adapter possible for the Road Hog, its so useful!

I have one question though. Having read the information on the adapter on the install instructions on flyingpig.com it says that it is only possible to connect one adapter. Can I ask why this is and if there is any real reason that a future software version could not include the use of 2 of these adapters allowing for 2 external monitors. As we know from the Hog3 software it can support 2 monitors so surely it is only a case of a software alteration. (I am no expert as you can probably tell so sorry if I am not correct)

Thanks for your time,

Oz Andrews
Parents
  • Hi Oz,

It is my understanding that there are essentially two reasons that the Roadhog is able to use only one additional external monitor. The first being the limited number of USB ports on the console, if a user is wants to use an additional playback wing or super widget then one of those would go to one of the rear USB ports and the other would go to the external monitor. In line with the first reason, secondly, please keep in mind that the RoadHog is set at a lower price point because it doesn't have all of the features that a Roadhog FULL BOAR or Wholehog 3 possess. Not all users need that kind of 'horse power'

Hope this helps explain it a little better.:hogsign:
    Take care,
    p
  • Hi Oz,

It is my understanding that there are essentially two reasons that the Roadhog is able to use only one additional external monitor. The first being the limited number of USB ports on the console, if a user is wants to use an additional playback wing or super widget then one of those would go to one of the rear USB ports and the other would go to the external monitor. In line with the first reason, secondly, please keep in mind that the RoadHog is set at a lower price point because it doesn't have all of the features that a Roadhog FULL BOAR or Wholehog 3 possess. Not all users need that kind of 'horse power'

Hope this helps explain it a little better.:hogsign:
    Take care,
    p
Children
No Data
Related