Benefit to Hog III over Full Boar?

Can someone tell me the benefits of a Hog III versus a full boar? From what I can read, the only major difference that would set the Hog III ahead would be the possiblity of more than 8 universes of ArtNet.

The Full Boar, on the other hand, has the 4 universes on board (expandable with the widget to 8) so I don't necessarily always need a DP,
USB drive, and ArtNet connector on board (so I wouldn't have to get a DP 8000 just to drive ArtNet). It seems it has the upper hand.
Parents
  • So, you are down to a couple of differences...

H3 - Buttons for views, rate wheel, intensity wheel, completely networking based (no internal universes), adjustable screen angle

RHFB - Artnet direct, 4 universe direct, USB saving

Unless I'm wrong, that's pretty much what it comes down to...personally, even without the Artnet direct and USB saving, I prefer the H3. I like the "feel" of the H3. I like the RH/FB, but there's just something (to me at least) of having the H3 in front of me. When I stand up, I angle the screen. I like the physical buttons for views and menu mods. I like grabbing a group and using the intensity wheel. When I'm on a RH, I'm constantly missing those functions.

So...from an opertor/user....I still prefer the H3.
  • So, you are down to a couple of differences...

H3 - Buttons for views, rate wheel, intensity wheel, completely networking based (no internal universes), adjustable screen angle

RHFB - Artnet direct, 4 universe direct, USB saving

Unless I'm wrong, that's pretty much what it comes down to...personally, even without the Artnet direct and USB saving, I prefer the H3. I like the "feel" of the H3. I like the RH/FB, but there's just something (to me at least) of having the H3 in front of me. When I stand up, I angle the screen. I like the physical buttons for views and menu mods. I like grabbing a group and using the intensity wheel. When I'm on a RH, I'm constantly missing those functions.

So...from an opertor/user....I still prefer the H3.
Children
No Data
Related