Effect OFF

Software 2063
Console IPC
Name Cormac jackson

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what happens when you turn an effect off using the drop option in the effects table.
So for example i have a cyan effect flag moving in cue 1 and in cue 2 i use an effect off pallette what should happen?
I may be wrong but in previous versions the fixtures would have no effect and return to a default state of no colour,i am now getting a state in cue 2 where the cyan flag is at 50% or halfway in all fixtures?
Is this correct as i'm not sure.

Edit this is happening in colours only and in a effect containing flags and scrollers combined.

Regards and thanks Cormac
Parents
  • Cormac,

I think what you're seeing is correct. (I apologize if what I'm about to say is obvious). When you put an effect on an attribute, there are two inherent pieces; the base value and the effect table value.

When you make an effect that takes Cyan from zero to Full, you generally put Cyan at 50% (that's your base value) and apply an effect (such as a Sine wave) to the Cyan parameter in your FX table.

When you later select 'OFF' in the FX table, you should be left with Cyan at 50%.

So when you want to get out of an Effect, you actually would need to turn the Effect OFF and select the new value you want Cyan to go to.

--

I believe, also, that if you are currently playing a cue with FX on Cyan, you can simply select the applicable fixtures, modify the color, and record your new cue. (I'm not sitting in front of a console to check this, though.)

Cheers,

Phil
  • Cormac,

I think what you're seeing is correct. (I apologize if what I'm about to say is obvious). When you put an effect on an attribute, there are two inherent pieces; the base value and the effect table value.

When you make an effect that takes Cyan from zero to Full, you generally put Cyan at 50% (that's your base value) and apply an effect (such as a Sine wave) to the Cyan parameter in your FX table.

When you later select 'OFF' in the FX table, you should be left with Cyan at 50%.

So when you want to get out of an Effect, you actually would need to turn the Effect OFF and select the new value you want Cyan to go to.

--

I believe, also, that if you are currently playing a cue with FX on Cyan, you can simply select the applicable fixtures, modify the color, and record your new cue. (I'm not sitting in front of a console to check this, though.)

Cheers,

Phil
Children
No Data
Related