MIDI/Time code help on Hog3

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any tutorials or forums to get me started on how to do MIDI or Time Code on the Hog 3 software. I am completely new to the MIDI and Time Code approach to programing and want to learn more on it. The church I work for is wanting to sync up Pro Tools with Video and Lighting. Ive heard that Pro Tools can send an MSC signal. Does anyone have any knowledge on how to go about this, or have done such a thing? Or sync to video through Time Code?
Any help in this area will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Yoel
Parents
  • Hello, I do not know anything about Pro Tools but you will probably have a bigger learning curve on that end that the Hog end. In a simplified explanation, MSC will send three pieces of information, Device ID, Cuelist Number, and Cue Number to the lighting console. Each device or console in the system will get a unique Device ID so you can isolate each device to send commands.

You will program the console as normal. Starting on Page 297 of the Hog 3 manual starts the explanation of using MSC with the Hog consoles.

From Pro Tools you will enter the info for what Device ID, Cuelist Number and Cue Number to play.
  • Hello, I do not know anything about Pro Tools but you will probably have a bigger learning curve on that end that the Hog end. In a simplified explanation, MSC will send three pieces of information, Device ID, Cuelist Number, and Cue Number to the lighting console. Each device or console in the system will get a unique Device ID so you can isolate each device to send commands.

You will program the console as normal. Starting on Page 297 of the Hog 3 manual starts the explanation of using MSC with the Hog consoles.

From Pro Tools you will enter the info for what Device ID, Cuelist Number and Cue Number to play.
Children
No Data
Related