v2.6.0 H3PC wheelset bug (2071)

Navigating to color on wheel set crashes program with Catalyst V4 patched.

To reproduce with my attached showfile:

Go to prefferences, wheel sets, color.

Thanks Ross
Parents
  • Ross,

I was able to track this down and get it fixed.

We had to add some new functions to our library for the SHOWPIX fixture and those functions are referenced in the SHOWPIX wheelset file that is included with the v2.6 software package. If you import this preference file into an older show file that does not include these functions, when you switch to the wheelset editor pane of the preferences window and it tries to draw the wheelsets, it will fail and the desktop will crash.

The best way to avoid this problem (or correct it if the import has already been done) is to merge the fixture library included with v2.6 (library v4.1.27) into the show.

I'm not sure yet what release this fix will be included in, but I'll let you know as soon as I have that information. Thanks for your help finding this.
  • Ross,

I was able to track this down and get it fixed.

We had to add some new functions to our library for the SHOWPIX fixture and those functions are referenced in the SHOWPIX wheelset file that is included with the v2.6 software package. If you import this preference file into an older show file that does not include these functions, when you switch to the wheelset editor pane of the preferences window and it tries to draw the wheelsets, it will fail and the desktop will crash.

The best way to avoid this problem (or correct it if the import has already been done) is to merge the fixture library included with v2.6 (library v4.1.27) into the show.

I'm not sure yet what release this fix will be included in, but I'll let you know as soon as I have that information. Thanks for your help finding this.
Children
No Data
Related