every couple of months...a gentle prod

Gimmee, gimme, vista. Vista, vista, vista. Seriously, I can't find beg borrow or steal laptop with Window XP. Ok, maybe I'm not really trying all that hard, but the Vista soon to come message....aiiiiiiigh!:dunno:

I'm one of those gotta get the new thing guys and am dying to try out a Vista hog3pc operating system on my new hptouchsmart with two elo screens and esp vision for pre-vis.

Just prodding:poke:.

Jawbone:hogsign:

P.S.

Send me a beta test and I'll send you a bottle of scotch:friday:single malt!
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Roman]
    It runs fine on vista

Yes, It will install on Vista, but there are problems. There are several UI windows that can get lost because Vista handles windowing differently. A few common actions will leave the UI in the "Application Not Responding" state for a rather long time. And you'll find the UI has quite a few Vista-related font and redraw issues. Not to mention issues with Widgets and Wings dropping offline.

One real "gotcha" is that the "Shows" window sometimes has problems. I tell you this so you don't do a bunch of work on 3PC under Vista and then find yourself unable to save.

This is not the full list of issues, I just wanted to give you an idea of what to look out for.
  • [QUOTE=Roman]
    It runs fine on vista

Yes, It will install on Vista, but there are problems. There are several UI windows that can get lost because Vista handles windowing differently. A few common actions will leave the UI in the "Application Not Responding" state for a rather long time. And you'll find the UI has quite a few Vista-related font and redraw issues. Not to mention issues with Widgets and Wings dropping offline.

One real "gotcha" is that the "Shows" window sometimes has problems. I tell you this so you don't do a bunch of work on 3PC under Vista and then find yourself unable to save.

This is not the full list of issues, I just wanted to give you an idea of what to look out for.
Children
No Data
Related