Inconvenient crash

On my RHFB, I usually leave the console running during the week. I use it in a fixed installation and tend to network to it to get cue numbers and change programming plus it is used off and on throughout the week. Ever since I got it, it will crash at least once or twice a week. it basically bcomes inoperable until I do a hard restart. It doesn't like being left alone or on for long periods of time and occasionally it will crash during normal keystrokes (never the same keystrokes twice). I have the latest revision installed and I am kind of at a loss. Has anyone else had this challenge? I need to get this fixed because I really don't need this happening during a show.

thanks for any help you can offer,
Eric
Parents
  • I've had other brands of networked consoles lock up when the correct reply isn't received over a period of time. I was on a gig where the scissor lift crushed my FOH ethernet cables and It was much worse than your problems.

my thoughts are, can you run a temp cable from the RHFB to your network switch? can you try a different switch? are you using artnet or ethernet? what's the brand of the switch, is it a commercial brand or one made specifically for entertainment apps? how long are the cat5 runs from console to switch?

this sounds exactly like how the hog III used to lock up when connection to the DP2000 dropped out.

peace, Tim Olson
  • I've had other brands of networked consoles lock up when the correct reply isn't received over a period of time. I was on a gig where the scissor lift crushed my FOH ethernet cables and It was much worse than your problems.

my thoughts are, can you run a temp cable from the RHFB to your network switch? can you try a different switch? are you using artnet or ethernet? what's the brand of the switch, is it a commercial brand or one made specifically for entertainment apps? how long are the cat5 runs from console to switch?

this sounds exactly like how the hog III used to lock up when connection to the DP2000 dropped out.

peace, Tim Olson
Children
No Data
Related