Assert Failed ??

Twice in two days, two different activities, two different show files. V2.6.0, WH3, DP2000, Cisco Switch, 2 ext 12" ELO touches, 1 MiniPlayback wing.

First time, I was "removing" 6 colour scrollers from my patch, hit remove, then OK to confirm, and the message (attached via jpg) came up. Tried retry, error came right back up; then tried ignore, same thing. Finally Hit abort, and all was fine for a few moments, then the desk started running really slow, then the desktop crashed (X on right screen).

Just now, I had my chosen master up, had a cue running, and clicked view cue, and the got the same error, tried, retry and ignore, then finally abort and the desktop crashed again. Never fun. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • yeah....it is never a good idea to do ANYTHING in Patch with any type of Playbacks running......especially Removing fixtures b/c when you remove them they go back and clean up all Groups, Palettes, Cues, Scenes, DP patch points......etc that they were used in and remove themselves from those places as well.....it is a fairly intense operation for the console, and it creates a whole bunch of Console <<>> DP traffic for a while until the operation is complete, so I always have as little as possible going on whenever I Remove or Copy/Clone a fixture in Patch.

Can you repeat the issue with no Playbacks running?
  • yeah....it is never a good idea to do ANYTHING in Patch with any type of Playbacks running......especially Removing fixtures b/c when you remove them they go back and clean up all Groups, Palettes, Cues, Scenes, DP patch points......etc that they were used in and remove themselves from those places as well.....it is a fairly intense operation for the console, and it creates a whole bunch of Console <<>> DP traffic for a while until the operation is complete, so I always have as little as possible going on whenever I Remove or Copy/Clone a fixture in Patch.

Can you repeat the issue with no Playbacks running?
Children
No Data
Related