Road Hog DMX delay

I'm running a Road Hog ver. 2.6.0 (b 2071) on a 1.1.3 XPE Image and I am noticing a pretty good delay when doing bumps on the flash buttons.
I only have one DMX line connected to a 100' run of DMX from the console to the opto backstage. Nothing else is plugges into the console.
When I do a full Intensity bump on VL2500's there is a good 250ms delay between the time I press the flash button and the lights respond. All timings are set to Zero everywhere possible.

Has anyone else experienced this delay?
Parents
  • The displays should keep their callibration across reboots. Give service a call and they'll work through it with you. Make sure you're not accidentally re-installing the OS every time you reboot.

How are you measuring the 250sms delay? Do you have another console you can patch the VL2500's to an compare the bump time?

Frankly, 250ms end to end is about the best you'll see from any console. Serializing the data over DMX takes 40 to 80ms. Moving the dimmer motor takes another 100ms or so. Add in a bit of processing time and and key debounce and you get to 250 prett quickly.

Just for comparison, the rise time on a 120v PAR64 is about 300ms, a bit longer if your dimmers soft-start lamps.
  • The displays should keep their callibration across reboots. Give service a call and they'll work through it with you. Make sure you're not accidentally re-installing the OS every time you reboot.

How are you measuring the 250sms delay? Do you have another console you can patch the VL2500's to an compare the bump time?

Frankly, 250ms end to end is about the best you'll see from any console. Serializing the data over DMX takes 40 to 80ms. Moving the dimmer motor takes another 100ms or so. Add in a bit of processing time and and key debounce and you get to 250 prett quickly.

Just for comparison, the rise time on a 120v PAR64 is about 300ms, a bit longer if your dimmers soft-start lamps.
Children
No Data
Related