SDK for Connectivity?

Hi guys,

I have been writing a plugin for 3DS Max 2009 to control animation of lights within the scene. Basically it reads in "cues" as an XML file and outputs the animation channels.

I would really like to tie this in with Hog3PC (so that when the "next" button is pressed the animation channels are generated automatically in Max - not rendered in real time obviously, but at least then test renders can be done). Is there an SDK available (I am using VS2005 SP1, which is the platform for 3DS Max 2009) for the connectivity functions?

Or if there is nothing publically available, could someone point me in the right direction within HighEnd for someone to talk to about this?

Many thanks,

Martin
Parents
  • It sounds like you're trying to write a visualizer based on the 3DS Max engine, is that an accurate description? Is there any way you can accomplish what you need with one of the supported visualizers, either by modeling in the visualizer directly or importing your 3DS model into a visualizer?

The list of supported visualizers is at:
    www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/archive/wyg/VisualizerConnectivity.shtml

We do have a module for connecting with 3rd party visualizers at the API level, but it's not publicly available. If you're developing a visualizer, or something similar, get in touch with Brad for more info on the licensing arrangements. It's not something that makes a lot of sense if you're doing this only for your own purposes. If you plan on selling the 3DS Max plugin to a wider audience, it may be worth a discussion

For a quick and dirty solution, you could send DMX out of Hog3PC via a DMX widget, then read it back via something like the OpenDMX USB interface or an Art-Net input box.
  • It sounds like you're trying to write a visualizer based on the 3DS Max engine, is that an accurate description? Is there any way you can accomplish what you need with one of the supported visualizers, either by modeling in the visualizer directly or importing your 3DS model into a visualizer?

The list of supported visualizers is at:
    www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/archive/wyg/VisualizerConnectivity.shtml

We do have a module for connecting with 3rd party visualizers at the API level, but it's not publicly available. If you're developing a visualizer, or something similar, get in touch with Brad for more info on the licensing arrangements. It's not something that makes a lot of sense if you're doing this only for your own purposes. If you plan on selling the 3DS Max plugin to a wider audience, it may be worth a discussion

For a quick and dirty solution, you could send DMX out of Hog3PC via a DMX widget, then read it back via something like the OpenDMX USB interface or an Art-Net input box.
Children
No Data
Related