SDK for Connectivity?

Hi guys,

I have been writing a plugin for 3DS Max 2009 to control animation of lights within the scene. Basically it reads in "cues" as an XML file and outputs the animation channels.

I would really like to tie this in with Hog3PC (so that when the "next" button is pressed the animation channels are generated automatically in Max - not rendered in real time obviously, but at least then test renders can be done). Is there an SDK available (I am using VS2005 SP1, which is the platform for 3DS Max 2009) for the connectivity functions?

Or if there is nothing publically available, could someone point me in the right direction within HighEnd for someone to talk to about this?

Many thanks,

Martin
Parents
  • Thanks again Quinn.

Regarding the rewrite - at the *very* least I would want to implement is palletes, groups, and the functions (DMX channel controls) of each of the lights (although the behaviour of each of the lights is probably best kept in a "personality" script - which could also provide the geometry data to render the lights - to enable the core plugin to just concentate on managing the cue data rather than animating the lights).

In the long term, it would be great to have a system where scenes/shots could be lit using 3PC or a custom plugin based on the functions of 3PC, which would allow 3D scenes to be lit as if they were "real-life" scenes.

That is a long term goal though...

Martin
  • Thanks again Quinn.

Regarding the rewrite - at the *very* least I would want to implement is palletes, groups, and the functions (DMX channel controls) of each of the lights (although the behaviour of each of the lights is probably best kept in a "personality" script - which could also provide the geometry data to render the lights - to enable the core plugin to just concentate on managing the cue data rather than animating the lights).

In the long term, it would be great to have a system where scenes/shots could be lit using 3PC or a custom plugin based on the functions of 3PC, which would allow 3D scenes to be lit as if they were "real-life" scenes.

That is a long term goal though...

Martin
Children
No Data
Related