Shutter + FX

Hi,

it´s not possible to do an FX on the Strobe. I need a FX on normal Function Shutter open- Shutter closed. The value for open and closed are not to reach in the FX engine.
For example: If you wont to build a fast FX on the intensity and you have a old Mac 600, where the mechanic of the dimmer in the lamp are very slow, you need to do this with the shutter. But......its not possible.
Befor maybe 100 years on H2 it works perfectly.;)

I post a Thread for this a long time befor, but nothing happens.

please, please do something. I must work very often with this "*** lamp"

Also, it would be nice when the FX size on strobeeffects are labeld in normaly percent and not in Hz. This makes me totaly crazy and perhaps is the error in this.....

Marco
Parents
  • [quote=Marco]it´s not possible to do an FX on the Strobe. I need a FX on normal Function Shutter open- Shutter closed. The value for open and closed are not to reach in the FX engine.

This is actually not true....here are steps to prove that it works:

1- Patch any number of Mac-600s
    2- Select them and set Intensity @ 100% and Strobe rate @ 5-Hz
    3 - Go into Effects and set Step table for Strobe
    4 - Set FX Rate @ 15 cycles
    5 - Open the Output window Back off the FX Size to 4.9 Hz and thne gently back up to 5 Hz.
    6 -You should now see the values in the Output window fluctuate between 0.0 Hz and 10.0 Hz with an Intensity of 100%
    7- Next go to Setup, DMX from the lower right hand toolbar and navigate to the DMX Universe where the 600s are patched.

Note that the values are jumping between 20 and 50....which are the values for Shutter Open and Shutter Closed.

Make sense?:)
  • [quote=Marco]it´s not possible to do an FX on the Strobe. I need a FX on normal Function Shutter open- Shutter closed. The value for open and closed are not to reach in the FX engine.

This is actually not true....here are steps to prove that it works:

1- Patch any number of Mac-600s
    2- Select them and set Intensity @ 100% and Strobe rate @ 5-Hz
    3 - Go into Effects and set Step table for Strobe
    4 - Set FX Rate @ 15 cycles
    5 - Open the Output window Back off the FX Size to 4.9 Hz and thne gently back up to 5 Hz.
    6 -You should now see the values in the Output window fluctuate between 0.0 Hz and 10.0 Hz with an Intensity of 100%
    7- Next go to Setup, DMX from the lower right hand toolbar and navigate to the DMX Universe where the 600s are patched.

Note that the values are jumping between 20 and 50....which are the values for Shutter Open and Shutter Closed.

Make sense?:)
Children
No Data
Related