Shutter + FX

Hi,

it´s not possible to do an FX on the Strobe. I need a FX on normal Function Shutter open- Shutter closed. The value for open and closed are not to reach in the FX engine.
For example: If you wont to build a fast FX on the intensity and you have a old Mac 600, where the mechanic of the dimmer in the lamp are very slow, you need to do this with the shutter. But......its not possible.
Befor maybe 100 years on H2 it works perfectly.;)

I post a Thread for this a long time befor, but nothing happens.

please, please do something. I must work very often with this "*** lamp"

Also, it would be nice when the FX size on strobeeffects are labeld in normaly percent and not in Hz. This makes me totaly crazy and perhaps is the error in this.....

Marco
Parents
  • Thanks for the explanation Marco,

No you are not a little bit stupid... I agree that the library model can be a bit more confusing in this respect, but also it prevents you from hitting items such as control channel funcitons that are shared with the shutter with many fixtures.

I believe we have discussed this in the past and I will consult the archives in our bug logs and get back with you. Like Marty said, I usually just build these effects using the dimmer parameter as most fixtures will close their shutter when at zero anyway (or they are using the same physical mechanism for both shutter and dimmer).

I do agree that it could be easier and I will look further into this.

thanks,
  • Thanks for the explanation Marco,

No you are not a little bit stupid... I agree that the library model can be a bit more confusing in this respect, but also it prevents you from hitting items such as control channel funcitons that are shared with the shutter with many fixtures.

I believe we have discussed this in the past and I will consult the archives in our bug logs and get back with you. Like Marty said, I usually just build these effects using the dimmer parameter as most fixtures will close their shutter when at zero anyway (or they are using the same physical mechanism for both shutter and dimmer).

I do agree that it could be easier and I will look further into this.

thanks,
Children
No Data
Related