Shutter + FX

Hi,

it´s not possible to do an FX on the Strobe. I need a FX on normal Function Shutter open- Shutter closed. The value for open and closed are not to reach in the FX engine.
For example: If you wont to build a fast FX on the intensity and you have a old Mac 600, where the mechanic of the dimmer in the lamp are very slow, you need to do this with the shutter. But......its not possible.
Befor maybe 100 years on H2 it works perfectly.;)

I post a Thread for this a long time befor, but nothing happens.

please, please do something. I must work very often with this "*** lamp"

Also, it would be nice when the FX size on strobeeffects are labeld in normaly percent and not in Hz. This makes me totaly crazy and perhaps is the error in this.....

Marco
Parents
  • Hi Brad,

first of all many thank´s for that I´m not stupid.:notworthy:

"... I agree that the library model can be a bit more confusing in this respect, but also it prevents you from hitting items such as control channel funcitons that are shared with the shutter with many fixtures."

Yes, that´s correct and this is fine. But.... I think the cut in the Range from the Fx size is not only at the control functions, also in the lower levels for the open- closed function. Could that be, that the range of the size is only in the real strobe values?

..."Like Marty said, I usually just build these effects using the dimmer parameter as most fixtures will close their shutter when at zero anyway (or they are using the same physical mechanism for both shutter and dimmer)."

Also yes..I know for this and also BUT......
    Shutter and Intensity are two differed functions and there give some reasons for that being. In a lighting designe I need sometimes both functions at the same time. For example- I want to have a simple Fx with a hard open- closed on the shutter and at the same time I want a smooth Fx on- off at the intensity....

I know it´s not a big thing, but sometimes I´m nerved also by the little things, if you know what I mean.;)

thank you again...

Marco
  • Hi Brad,

first of all many thank´s for that I´m not stupid.:notworthy:

"... I agree that the library model can be a bit more confusing in this respect, but also it prevents you from hitting items such as control channel funcitons that are shared with the shutter with many fixtures."

Yes, that´s correct and this is fine. But.... I think the cut in the Range from the Fx size is not only at the control functions, also in the lower levels for the open- closed function. Could that be, that the range of the size is only in the real strobe values?

..."Like Marty said, I usually just build these effects using the dimmer parameter as most fixtures will close their shutter when at zero anyway (or they are using the same physical mechanism for both shutter and dimmer)."

Also yes..I know for this and also BUT......
    Shutter and Intensity are two differed functions and there give some reasons for that being. In a lighting designe I need sometimes both functions at the same time. For example- I want to have a simple Fx with a hard open- closed on the shutter and at the same time I want a smooth Fx on- off at the intensity....

I know it´s not a big thing, but sometimes I´m nerved also by the little things, if you know what I mean.;)

thank you again...

Marco
Children
No Data
Related