Assert Failed -- AGAIN

Running another new show, using the newest library file on my H3, 1 DP, 2 ext touches, 2 miniplayback wings. (figured I'd try a new show since the last time it crashed)

Went to open a cue on a selected master, boom, assert failed. Ignore and retry did nothing. Abort crashed the desktop, then I couldn't pull up the process viewer. So, the entire room goes back for 3 minutes and 45 seconds while the console restarts.

I had nothing special running, a few movement cues, an intesity chase, oh and a smoke cue. EFX window wasn't open, nor were anything else questionable (patch, output, dmx)

I've noticed that 2.6.0 seems to be more prone to desktop crashes (i've had at least 5 to 7 since from 2.5) though it seems to really only happen on my H3, not my iPC, which I've been using more since I've had better luck with it not crashing on me.

I've also noticed that my DP seems to take longer lately to load the fixtures than it did in the past, before it "becomes active" and outputs, esp after a crash (sometimes upwords of 2 minutes) -- I understand that it will take long the most fixtures I have, but my show is not overload in any sense of the word.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I attached the error.
Parents
  • Hi Brad

Just had an awards show and during programming H3 crashed, Assert Failed was the title, desktop locked up.
    I think i know what causes this or is part of the problem: last time i had it crash on me i had Mac500's and TW1's in my rig, this time i also had 500's and TW1's in the rig, wonder if this is the problem...
    I have done other shows between last time i notified you with only 500's or TW1's but not together. Wonder if there is a conflict in the fixture library that can cause assert fail crashes.
    Another question i have, i got my HogPC networked with the H3 (only did this after it crashed) but what i would like to know is if the H3 is the server and it crashes can i still run my show using HogPC? Can you run the HogPC as the server instead?

I run a H3 with latest build and 2x DP2000 thru a basic Network switch.

Cheers
    C
  • Hi Brad

Just had an awards show and during programming H3 crashed, Assert Failed was the title, desktop locked up.
    I think i know what causes this or is part of the problem: last time i had it crash on me i had Mac500's and TW1's in my rig, this time i also had 500's and TW1's in the rig, wonder if this is the problem...
    I have done other shows between last time i notified you with only 500's or TW1's but not together. Wonder if there is a conflict in the fixture library that can cause assert fail crashes.
    Another question i have, i got my HogPC networked with the H3 (only did this after it crashed) but what i would like to know is if the H3 is the server and it crashes can i still run my show using HogPC? Can you run the HogPC as the server instead?

I run a H3 with latest build and 2x DP2000 thru a basic Network switch.

Cheers
    C
Children
No Data
Related