Question About Gobos and Virtual Scene Playback

Hi,

I am setting up a HOG3 to run lights for a sporting event and am recording effects, colors, gobos, etc into virtual scenes. Everything seems to be working and mixing well except that when I select a gobo from wheel 1 and then one from wheel 2 or 3, they "pile on" instead of clearing the first wheel. Also, when I shift the focus to keep the gobos sharp, or change size, that shift stays even when I have selected a different scene with a different gobo and focus.

Is there a proper way to get all paramaters recorded into the scene to avoid this? I have been selecting "Use B," but think that maybe I need to "Touch" all the beam paramaters in order to solve this.

Thanks for any help.
DJ
Parents
  • I tend to record gobos as follows, but let me say, rarely do i "stack" gobos anyway, and in those cases, I record scenes/palettes for those:

gobo 1 (say lava), gobo 1 rotate @ 25rpm, focus= g1 focus palette, iris= iris open palette, gobo 2 open, gobo 2, index 0 degrees.

then do the same thing when it comes to wheel 2, but make gobo 1 open, and set the focus to your gobo 2 palette.

gobo 1 open, gobo 1 rotate index 0 degrees, focus= g2 focus palette, iris= iris open palette, gobo 2 gatlin, gobo 2 rotate @ 150rpm.
  • I tend to record gobos as follows, but let me say, rarely do i "stack" gobos anyway, and in those cases, I record scenes/palettes for those:

gobo 1 (say lava), gobo 1 rotate @ 25rpm, focus= g1 focus palette, iris= iris open palette, gobo 2 open, gobo 2, index 0 degrees.

then do the same thing when it comes to wheel 2, but make gobo 1 open, and set the focus to your gobo 2 palette.

gobo 1 open, gobo 1 rotate index 0 degrees, focus= g2 focus palette, iris= iris open palette, gobo 2 gatlin, gobo 2 rotate @ 150rpm.
Children
No Data
Related