IPC Wireless router

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good brand and model number of wireless router available in Europe.
Server/client setup using an IPC and a pc notebook.
Any help appreciated.

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • I have been using a Dlink for most of the year.. I have had issues where the cheap router in it craps out and it causes it to restart. In turn the iPC looses the server and stops responding. I would definitely look into a higher quality router. I just recently purchased a cisco 1231g which I plug directly into the console and manually address my laptop and the console which means I am not relying on a router to direct the traffic. I have not done extensive testing with it yet but in the next 2 weeks I will be able to get it out and test it more. If your running the router part, it is imperative you spend the extra money on a good one because if it dies, the console becomes a paperweight till your able to restart the server in the console or the console itself which takes some time.

Ryan
  • I have been using a Dlink for most of the year.. I have had issues where the cheap router in it craps out and it causes it to restart. In turn the iPC looses the server and stops responding. I would definitely look into a higher quality router. I just recently purchased a cisco 1231g which I plug directly into the console and manually address my laptop and the console which means I am not relying on a router to direct the traffic. I have not done extensive testing with it yet but in the next 2 weeks I will be able to get it out and test it more. If your running the router part, it is imperative you spend the extra money on a good one because if it dies, the console becomes a paperweight till your able to restart the server in the console or the console itself which takes some time.

Ryan
Children
No Data
Related