Wholehog iphone

So, I was reading the post below and saw that you can use VNC to control Wholehog via an iphone. There is an app on the appstore called Luminair (www.synthe-fx.com/products/luminair) which lets you control DMX lights via art-net which requires buying DMX to CAT5 (internet cable). I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a wholehog pc to output through the internet if i have a DMX > USB widget and I am currently controlling the lights on the PC.

Thank You,

kmkarim
Parents
  • kmkarim,

I hope you really mean "ArtNet", and not "Internet"......I would NEVER EVER trust the internet to handle show data......that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Currently if you want your H3PC to output ArtNet the only way to do that is to take the DMX output from your widget(s) and/or DP-2000 and "convert" it to ArtNet using a 3rd party piece of hardware. Artistic License, Luminex, and Enttec are just a few of the companies that make these boxes.

In the future there will be a new DMX processor called DP-8000 that will output ArtNet directly. These connect to H3PC via network in much the same way as a DP-2000 currently does. These new processors are still being tested and probably will not be out for at least a few months yet.

Hope this helps. :)
  • kmkarim,

I hope you really mean "ArtNet", and not "Internet"......I would NEVER EVER trust the internet to handle show data......that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Currently if you want your H3PC to output ArtNet the only way to do that is to take the DMX output from your widget(s) and/or DP-2000 and "convert" it to ArtNet using a 3rd party piece of hardware. Artistic License, Luminex, and Enttec are just a few of the companies that make these boxes.

In the future there will be a new DMX processor called DP-8000 that will output ArtNet directly. These connect to H3PC via network in much the same way as a DP-2000 currently does. These new processors are still being tested and probably will not be out for at least a few months yet.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related