Hog 3 touch screens problems

I'm having problems with our Hog 3 touch screens. They display just fine, but no touch controls or touch button functions. I've tried to update the software and have done a full install. Nothing seems to be working. Under the system information there isn't a firmware listed for the touchscreens. I thought this was part of the full install software package. I've checked the connections and cables and all that seems to be fine.

Hog III serial # 61FA043120

Wholehog software version: v2.6.0 (b 2071)
OS version: Linux 2.4.19
QT version 3.2.0
Front panel firmware version: 3
Touch screen firmare version: (none listed)

Not sure what else I can try other than send it in for repairs. I'd like to avoid that if possible. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • Hello, if the touch screens and the buttons above and below the touch screens are not working there are a few possibilities. If the Touchscreen PCB which is in the center of the console between the displays has been changed it needs to have software loaded onto the EPROM. You may try this even if the PCB has not been changed.

Press and hold down the PIG button while powering on the console.
    When you see the prompts as when doing a Full Install of the software you can release the PIG button.

Select CONSOLE TEST
    Select USB UTILITIES
    Select BURN TOUCHSCREEN EPROM

If this does not help the Touchscreen PCB may have failed or the PCB connects to the Processor PCB via a wire harness. You can follow the wire harness to location USB 3 on the processor PCB which is near the silver battery. Chack the cable and make sure all wires are in the connector properly etc.

If the PCGB has not been changed.
  • Hello, if the touch screens and the buttons above and below the touch screens are not working there are a few possibilities. If the Touchscreen PCB which is in the center of the console between the displays has been changed it needs to have software loaded onto the EPROM. You may try this even if the PCB has not been changed.

Press and hold down the PIG button while powering on the console.
    When you see the prompts as when doing a Full Install of the software you can release the PIG button.

Select CONSOLE TEST
    Select USB UTILITIES
    Select BURN TOUCHSCREEN EPROM

If this does not help the Touchscreen PCB may have failed or the PCB connects to the Processor PCB via a wire harness. You can follow the wire harness to location USB 3 on the processor PCB which is near the silver battery. Chack the cable and make sure all wires are in the connector properly etc.

If the PCGB has not been changed.
Children
No Data
Related