Road hog to Full Boar

Is there any upgrade kit available or in the pipeline for road hog users??
Parents
  • For me, the decision to buy 2 RH's instead of RHFB's was an easy one. These were going into permanent locations that would NEVER go above the 4 Universe limit of the RH. No timecode or midi control was needed. We already have a H3 in one location and a Hog3PC/Wysiwyg suite in another location bringing us to 4 locations with Hogs. I knew the features we were leaving behind.

That being said, the one feature I would have really like to had would be the networking option. Not from the standpoint of being able to add DP's, but from the standpoint of logging in a client on Hog3PC for remote focus and utilizing the network drive save feature. Other than that, I completely accepted what I was losing from the RHFB down to the RH.

Would this be something a USB to ethernet adaptor would fit into? Possibly. Would there be a way to add network drive/client function and still lockout being able to add DP's? That's for the networking guru's.

I don't regret my decision for RH's...love the consoles. I couldn't justify the price of the RHFB for my situation. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents (or 1/2 cent in today's economy) as to what I would like as an ADD-ON. Just as the case of the IOGEAR USB to VGA adaptor...this should be an ADD-ON, not an included item. I love the a la carte idea of the Roadhog. This way people could decide what they wanted to add (wings, widgets, networking, external monitor...etc. etc. etc.).

Thanks!
  • For me, the decision to buy 2 RH's instead of RHFB's was an easy one. These were going into permanent locations that would NEVER go above the 4 Universe limit of the RH. No timecode or midi control was needed. We already have a H3 in one location and a Hog3PC/Wysiwyg suite in another location bringing us to 4 locations with Hogs. I knew the features we were leaving behind.

That being said, the one feature I would have really like to had would be the networking option. Not from the standpoint of being able to add DP's, but from the standpoint of logging in a client on Hog3PC for remote focus and utilizing the network drive save feature. Other than that, I completely accepted what I was losing from the RHFB down to the RH.

Would this be something a USB to ethernet adaptor would fit into? Possibly. Would there be a way to add network drive/client function and still lockout being able to add DP's? That's for the networking guru's.

I don't regret my decision for RH's...love the consoles. I couldn't justify the price of the RHFB for my situation. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents (or 1/2 cent in today's economy) as to what I would like as an ADD-ON. Just as the case of the IOGEAR USB to VGA adaptor...this should be an ADD-ON, not an included item. I love the a la carte idea of the Roadhog. This way people could decide what they wanted to add (wings, widgets, networking, external monitor...etc. etc. etc.).

Thanks!
Children
No Data
Related