Road hog to Full Boar

Is there any upgrade kit available or in the pipeline for road hog users??
Parents
  • The Road Hog was a mistake and many who purchased it would rather have the full boar. I told Brad when the console first came out it was rediculous to limit the expandability of the console with no capability to expand universes, monitors, networking, and so on.
    He argued that the basic console was limited on features to keep cost down when in relality the cost in time to backwards engineer a Hog system to do less than it all ready could do was more time consuming than to just leaving as it was originally designed. Then suddenly here comes the full boar and a bunch of pissed off people who had purchased the basic road hog wishing they has the full boar instead.
    Let's look at the facts. Can you expand the full boar to more universes for free? Can you add monitors for free? The answer is no. And why? Because you have to purchase the hardware to expand with, so what is High End giving you in the full bore console that your not getting in the road hog? A disc drive is all I see. You still have to buy monitors,widgets and expander wings to be able to expand. SO what if the console has midi input; time code input; capability of adding monitors, and widgets! Can you expand the console without the above mentioned hardware? NO!
    So tell me again how the road hog is such a good deal? You can have Hog PC with complete expandability for the same money as a road hog console and run Hog 2 or 3. It's an even better value than a Hog 3 console as you don't spend $15k for a controller and have to pony up more for the actual DMX interface via DP2000!
  • The Road Hog was a mistake and many who purchased it would rather have the full boar. I told Brad when the console first came out it was rediculous to limit the expandability of the console with no capability to expand universes, monitors, networking, and so on.
    He argued that the basic console was limited on features to keep cost down when in relality the cost in time to backwards engineer a Hog system to do less than it all ready could do was more time consuming than to just leaving as it was originally designed. Then suddenly here comes the full boar and a bunch of pissed off people who had purchased the basic road hog wishing they has the full boar instead.
    Let's look at the facts. Can you expand the full boar to more universes for free? Can you add monitors for free? The answer is no. And why? Because you have to purchase the hardware to expand with, so what is High End giving you in the full bore console that your not getting in the road hog? A disc drive is all I see. You still have to buy monitors,widgets and expander wings to be able to expand. SO what if the console has midi input; time code input; capability of adding monitors, and widgets! Can you expand the console without the above mentioned hardware? NO!
    So tell me again how the road hog is such a good deal? You can have Hog PC with complete expandability for the same money as a road hog console and run Hog 2 or 3. It's an even better value than a Hog 3 console as you don't spend $15k for a controller and have to pony up more for the actual DMX interface via DP2000!
Children
No Data
Related