Road hog to Full Boar

Is there any upgrade kit available or in the pipeline for road hog users??
Parents
  • Marty,

I'd have to disagree with you saying:

" It was no "big secret" that the Full Boar was being worked on and would be released shortly after the RH.....you can't blame someone else if you didn't do your homework properly. "

It may not have been a "big secret", but I don't think it would have qualified as "public knowledge" either. I consider myself fairly up to date on the basic information that the big boys put out there (HighEnd, Vari*Lite, Martin etc...) but I'm in no-one's inner circle, for sure... in any event, I was quite surprised at the Full Boar's arrival so shortly after the release of the Roadhog. Reactions on the Lightnetwork and from several (potential) end users were no less surprised.

if the release of the Full Boar was as well-known a fact as you make it out to be, then maybe the original poster should have paid better attention before purchasing the RoadHog, if it doesn't give him all the options he needs. but I don't think it was, so i understand how he might feel cheated. He thought he was getting the maximum amount of hog3 that fit in his price range, but would have held out for the FB had it been known it was coming.
    If the FullBoar was always going to be released so close behind the RoadHog, the least HighEnd and its dealers could have done would have been to give potential buyers a heads-up that a more powerful version of the same desk was follwing soon...

It has been said before here, but I will say it again:
    both the RH and RHFB have a place in the market, especially as they're the best way to get Hog3 OS into "cheaper" productions. but releasing the FB so close behind the RH without advance warning has deprived some people of a very important choice, one they would have gladly waited for a bit longer.
  • Marty,

I'd have to disagree with you saying:

" It was no "big secret" that the Full Boar was being worked on and would be released shortly after the RH.....you can't blame someone else if you didn't do your homework properly. "

It may not have been a "big secret", but I don't think it would have qualified as "public knowledge" either. I consider myself fairly up to date on the basic information that the big boys put out there (HighEnd, Vari*Lite, Martin etc...) but I'm in no-one's inner circle, for sure... in any event, I was quite surprised at the Full Boar's arrival so shortly after the release of the Roadhog. Reactions on the Lightnetwork and from several (potential) end users were no less surprised.

if the release of the Full Boar was as well-known a fact as you make it out to be, then maybe the original poster should have paid better attention before purchasing the RoadHog, if it doesn't give him all the options he needs. but I don't think it was, so i understand how he might feel cheated. He thought he was getting the maximum amount of hog3 that fit in his price range, but would have held out for the FB had it been known it was coming.
    If the FullBoar was always going to be released so close behind the RoadHog, the least HighEnd and its dealers could have done would have been to give potential buyers a heads-up that a more powerful version of the same desk was follwing soon...

It has been said before here, but I will say it again:
    both the RH and RHFB have a place in the market, especially as they're the best way to get Hog3 OS into "cheaper" productions. but releasing the FB so close behind the RH without advance warning has deprived some people of a very important choice, one they would have gladly waited for a bit longer.
Children
No Data
Related