Road hog to Full Boar

Is there any upgrade kit available or in the pipeline for road hog users??
Parents
  • [quote=nunny]it seems there IS a market for somekind of upgrade.

Is there? How many people have you talked to off the forums about an upgrade kit?

[quote=nunny]RH to see the new shiny RHFB, [quote=nunny]Artnet and the other fancy features are not needed for me and all i ask as i feel many others would like is the possibility of remote focus on the very good RH desk??.

What makes you think that all people that bought RHs would have been able to afford the RHFB? The FB is more, because it has more features... Just because it had more features doesnt mean the customer could have bought it. I wanted a H3PC hardware system for school, but they settled for a jester ML24 because it was £1500 where as a H3PC system would have been double if not more than that. To the customer, it is all about price, sometimes things have to be sacrificed, no matter how much somebody wants it.

[quote=nunny]Is it too much for HES to listen and maybe make a lot of people a lot happier and take away the sour taste of not being properly informed of the RHFB being in the pipeline???.

HES are listening. But the 400 odd active users, (in the last 30 days), that have been looking at this thread isnt enough for HES to develop a kit. Maybe a petition of some sort with 2000 signitures of people that would buy the kit would be suficent. Also, this has been said before, if a kit DOES come out, HES could be swamped with "upgraded" consoles that have not been "upgraded" properly. This will cause problems. Like Brad has said, the console market is a big one...

[quote=nunny]Im not familiar as to how it would be done but many people on here seem to think it could be done relatively easily with the ability to block the other features like ARTnet etc.

The Wholehog software is essentially the same, for all consoles, im sure you know this. But what you are describing would require changing the software, this could spark other suggestions and before HES know it, peope are asking for this to be added, this to be blocked etc. This wont be good for them. Different console user suddendly want different software for this and that, all becuase of this thread.

[quote=nunny]Move with the times HES and listen to customers.

They are.. They listen to suggestions and log most. The current thread about the DP8k as an Art-Net node, is a good example. Eric said it wasnt likely, but Brad said he logged it because it was a valid suggestion never the less.

Sorry for the slight rant, but I think we are thinking "inside the box" here...
  • [quote=nunny]it seems there IS a market for somekind of upgrade.

Is there? How many people have you talked to off the forums about an upgrade kit?

[quote=nunny]RH to see the new shiny RHFB, [quote=nunny]Artnet and the other fancy features are not needed for me and all i ask as i feel many others would like is the possibility of remote focus on the very good RH desk??.

What makes you think that all people that bought RHs would have been able to afford the RHFB? The FB is more, because it has more features... Just because it had more features doesnt mean the customer could have bought it. I wanted a H3PC hardware system for school, but they settled for a jester ML24 because it was £1500 where as a H3PC system would have been double if not more than that. To the customer, it is all about price, sometimes things have to be sacrificed, no matter how much somebody wants it.

[quote=nunny]Is it too much for HES to listen and maybe make a lot of people a lot happier and take away the sour taste of not being properly informed of the RHFB being in the pipeline???.

HES are listening. But the 400 odd active users, (in the last 30 days), that have been looking at this thread isnt enough for HES to develop a kit. Maybe a petition of some sort with 2000 signitures of people that would buy the kit would be suficent. Also, this has been said before, if a kit DOES come out, HES could be swamped with "upgraded" consoles that have not been "upgraded" properly. This will cause problems. Like Brad has said, the console market is a big one...

[quote=nunny]Im not familiar as to how it would be done but many people on here seem to think it could be done relatively easily with the ability to block the other features like ARTnet etc.

The Wholehog software is essentially the same, for all consoles, im sure you know this. But what you are describing would require changing the software, this could spark other suggestions and before HES know it, peope are asking for this to be added, this to be blocked etc. This wont be good for them. Different console user suddendly want different software for this and that, all becuase of this thread.

[quote=nunny]Move with the times HES and listen to customers.

They are.. They listen to suggestions and log most. The current thread about the DP8k as an Art-Net node, is a good example. Eric said it wasnt likely, but Brad said he logged it because it was a valid suggestion never the less.

Sorry for the slight rant, but I think we are thinking "inside the box" here...
Children
No Data
Related