Road hog to Full Boar

Is there any upgrade kit available or in the pipeline for road hog users??
Parents
  • [quote=nunny]There is arguments for and against the possibility of implementing the remote focus on the Rh, the way i see it is if it is a possibility, as i beleive it is and without much software changes then offer the upgrade on the basis it is done by the relevant service point,

Mike and all,

Consider for a moment the complexity of the software changes and testing required. Currently the networking abilities of Wholehog software allow multi-user and network expansion (DPs). In order to implement a method that one platform ONLY allows multi-user networking for a remote capability and disallows network expansion (DPs) is a major rework of the networking code. Furthermore, extensive testing would be required of networking on all platforms to ensure nothing was broken in the process. This is NOT a simple software change.

In addition, the Road Hog is designed for a certain market and price point. Multi-user networking for remote capabilities is one feature, but so is multi-user programming. This desk is sold at a reduced cost and feature set and purposely excludes multi-user networking capabilities. So to enable a new method that allows only a single additional networked client (for remote capabilities) becomes even more complex.

I am sure that given the work required to implement a remote capability for a few users in lieu of additional more requested features would be frowned upon by most. As I have stated before we carefully study the requests of ALL users and try to make the best decisions to please the majority of the users.

We appreciate all the comments and suggestions made in this and other threads. Please know that your comments do not go unnoticed.

Thank you all for your understanding,
  • [quote=nunny]There is arguments for and against the possibility of implementing the remote focus on the Rh, the way i see it is if it is a possibility, as i beleive it is and without much software changes then offer the upgrade on the basis it is done by the relevant service point,

Mike and all,

Consider for a moment the complexity of the software changes and testing required. Currently the networking abilities of Wholehog software allow multi-user and network expansion (DPs). In order to implement a method that one platform ONLY allows multi-user networking for a remote capability and disallows network expansion (DPs) is a major rework of the networking code. Furthermore, extensive testing would be required of networking on all platforms to ensure nothing was broken in the process. This is NOT a simple software change.

In addition, the Road Hog is designed for a certain market and price point. Multi-user networking for remote capabilities is one feature, but so is multi-user programming. This desk is sold at a reduced cost and feature set and purposely excludes multi-user networking capabilities. So to enable a new method that allows only a single additional networked client (for remote capabilities) becomes even more complex.

I am sure that given the work required to implement a remote capability for a few users in lieu of additional more requested features would be frowned upon by most. As I have stated before we carefully study the requests of ALL users and try to make the best decisions to please the majority of the users.

We appreciate all the comments and suggestions made in this and other threads. Please know that your comments do not go unnoticed.

Thank you all for your understanding,
Children
No Data
Related