WYSIWG Assistance

I am having issues connecting to WYG.... (WYG rel. 22 / HogiPC 2.4.0)When I open the Device Manager I can only find Wholehog III DP under Consoles not Devices. I have downloaded and installed all the latest updates for the drivers. I have no problem binding universes etc... Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.
Parents
  • Hello, a couple of things to look at here. First when connecting the console to another device you do not want to use the Loopback Adapter. Also when going to the Control Panel and then the Network tab, it always defaults to showing the Loopback Adapter in the pop down box but this does not mean that the Loopback Adapter is actually selected or being used. You need to look and see if the button USE THIS ADAPTER FOR SHOW has a check mark or not to see if it is selected.

Select the other option other than Loopback Adapter, press USE DEFAULT IP SETTINGS and select USE THIS ADAPTER FOR SHOW.

The iPC does not act as a DHCP Server so I would not have the PC set to OBTAIN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY. Set a manual IP address such as 172.31.0.2 since the default on the iPC will be 172.31.0.1.

I would also recommend connecting only the console and Wyg PC via the switch, disconnect the other stuff. The PC may be getting it's IP Address via DHCP from an internet provider or a company network as you mention an internet connection is also connected.
  • Hello, a couple of things to look at here. First when connecting the console to another device you do not want to use the Loopback Adapter. Also when going to the Control Panel and then the Network tab, it always defaults to showing the Loopback Adapter in the pop down box but this does not mean that the Loopback Adapter is actually selected or being used. You need to look and see if the button USE THIS ADAPTER FOR SHOW has a check mark or not to see if it is selected.

Select the other option other than Loopback Adapter, press USE DEFAULT IP SETTINGS and select USE THIS ADAPTER FOR SHOW.

The iPC does not act as a DHCP Server so I would not have the PC set to OBTAIN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY. Set a manual IP address such as 172.31.0.2 since the default on the iPC will be 172.31.0.1.

I would also recommend connecting only the console and Wyg PC via the switch, disconnect the other stuff. The PC may be getting it's IP Address via DHCP from an internet provider or a company network as you mention an internet connection is also connected.
Children
No Data
Related