just wondering..........

we have got a few studio color 575's, and as the lighting crew usually dont get told anything before hand about whats happening were just about always busking.:Eyecrazy: Now thats fine because we have only got a small rig........anyway enought rambling about us, what im thinking is this:

we use a playback master (or two) to control the intensity of the studio colors and that fine, but when i want to flash them i doesnt work at all becouse when i push the flash button the shutter take 1/2 a second to open.......not really the effect you want. I was wondering if there is any easy way to control the strobe via a master basically so i can flash the light quickly and easily???:dunno:
Parents
  • From what I remember about the studio colors, there isn't a hard shutter like that of say a Mac700 that can be opened and closed like that. Also, I believe that they are just really slow fixtures. The console is making them work as fast as they will work (from what I remember).

So what I'm saying is that you cannot make a hard shutter movement like what you're describing. I know in the past that I've done something like an effect on the strobe at least to make it use the speed to make it look cool.....basically writing and effect on the intensity in a sine wave so that it closes and opens on the curve, using the speed for something.
  • From what I remember about the studio colors, there isn't a hard shutter like that of say a Mac700 that can be opened and closed like that. Also, I believe that they are just really slow fixtures. The console is making them work as fast as they will work (from what I remember).

So what I'm saying is that you cannot make a hard shutter movement like what you're describing. I know in the past that I've done something like an effect on the strobe at least to make it use the speed to make it look cool.....basically writing and effect on the intensity in a sine wave so that it closes and opens on the curve, using the speed for something.
Children
No Data
Related