just wondering..........

we have got a few studio color 575's, and as the lighting crew usually dont get told anything before hand about whats happening were just about always busking.:Eyecrazy: Now thats fine because we have only got a small rig........anyway enought rambling about us, what im thinking is this:

we use a playback master (or two) to control the intensity of the studio colors and that fine, but when i want to flash them i doesnt work at all becouse when i push the flash button the shutter take 1/2 a second to open.......not really the effect you want. I was wondering if there is any easy way to control the strobe via a master basically so i can flash the light quickly and easily???:dunno:
Parents
  • [quote=snowman]Let me clarify a bit,
    With a normal flash, you push the button for on and release it for off.
    With this method however, you push and release the button once to turn the shutter on and push and release again to turn the shutter off

very good idea though, works the best so far... ... ... ...

If you don't want to push the button twice. Put a follow command in wait column of the shutter off que and set the flash on that master to flash and then release on release, with everything set to a fade time of 0.

so when you push the flash button down, it will fire the first cue, but then the second will immediately follow, and will stay that way till you release the button.

This should work, if you are trying to accomplish what I think you are trying to accomplish.

Or I could be completely off base :outtahere:

-- Ben
  • [quote=snowman]Let me clarify a bit,
    With a normal flash, you push the button for on and release it for off.
    With this method however, you push and release the button once to turn the shutter on and push and release again to turn the shutter off

very good idea though, works the best so far... ... ... ...

If you don't want to push the button twice. Put a follow command in wait column of the shutter off que and set the flash on that master to flash and then release on release, with everything set to a fade time of 0.

so when you push the flash button down, it will fire the first cue, but then the second will immediately follow, and will stay that way till you release the button.

This should work, if you are trying to accomplish what I think you are trying to accomplish.

Or I could be completely off base :outtahere:

-- Ben
Children
No Data
Related