blue screen o' death

So I got the blue screen of death this morning on my RoadHog. Just any thoughts on what this means would be great.

Console: RoadHog
Software Revision: 2.6.0 b2071
Image Version: 1.1.3

Description: Was booting up a new show, but lost power temporarily on the boot cycle. Console was on a UPS, so it kept running, but this showed up during the loading cycle. I did not see where in the cycle as I had stepped away from the console temporarily.

Thanks!
Parents
  • Alright, quick responses.

A stop check of 0x00.....F4 indicates that a critical process for the system quit or was terminated. Although I have not been able to reproduce this in the lab I am betting that during the transfer of power to the UPS that there was a power surge to the console. Meaning that the expected power needed by the motherboard (processor, RAM, Northbridge, etc.) or Hard Drive was below the allowed running current which then forced it to halt or lose information thus resulting in the dredfull BSOD. Since I have not been able to reproduce this in the lab using a different UPS my suggestion for you is to check your UPS and make sure that it is fully charged and that it is supplying the correct voltages needed when at fault. Hope this helped explain what happened.
  • Alright, quick responses.

A stop check of 0x00.....F4 indicates that a critical process for the system quit or was terminated. Although I have not been able to reproduce this in the lab I am betting that during the transfer of power to the UPS that there was a power surge to the console. Meaning that the expected power needed by the motherboard (processor, RAM, Northbridge, etc.) or Hard Drive was below the allowed running current which then forced it to halt or lose information thus resulting in the dredfull BSOD. Since I have not been able to reproduce this in the lab using a different UPS my suggestion for you is to check your UPS and make sure that it is fully charged and that it is supplying the correct voltages needed when at fault. Hope this helped explain what happened.
Children
No Data
Related