future of wholehog 3

hi gents,
i have the feeling in germany ,are becoming less.when i talk to technicians more and more switsch to grand ma.wholehog is rarely.the wholehog 2 was overall , Or deceives? and when grandma 2 is commoing...vs wholehog 3...:hogsign:

greets dol
Parents
  • Well personally I think GrandMA blew a huge oportunity to truly re-invent themselves with their new "2" line. The things that stand out to me are:

- 256 universe limitation still on GMA-2.....better than the old 64 limit on th first line (H3 is virtually unlimited....you hit a fixture count limitation long before a processing limit....but that could probably be changed with software someday).

- GMA workflow is still VERY keystroke intensive and too many menus to sort through to be productive as a programmer with any kind of speed.

- price for a GMA-2 will buy 3....yes that's right 3 full Hog-3 desks....plus the Roadhog line is much less expensive than the smaller GMAs and you get more features per "equivalent" desks.

I could go on and on for ages on the differences and the advantages of one system over another....but overall the H3 line is clearly the best in my mind.

I personally think we will see the GMA line lose a lot if not all the ground it gained in the next 4 to 5 years....and companies that shell out for the new GMA-2s are being very shortsighted and will have their business eaten up by companies that invest in the FPS line.

Just my opinion though.....I'm sure others will differ.:hogsign:
  • Well personally I think GrandMA blew a huge oportunity to truly re-invent themselves with their new "2" line. The things that stand out to me are:

- 256 universe limitation still on GMA-2.....better than the old 64 limit on th first line (H3 is virtually unlimited....you hit a fixture count limitation long before a processing limit....but that could probably be changed with software someday).

- GMA workflow is still VERY keystroke intensive and too many menus to sort through to be productive as a programmer with any kind of speed.

- price for a GMA-2 will buy 3....yes that's right 3 full Hog-3 desks....plus the Roadhog line is much less expensive than the smaller GMAs and you get more features per "equivalent" desks.

I could go on and on for ages on the differences and the advantages of one system over another....but overall the H3 line is clearly the best in my mind.

I personally think we will see the GMA line lose a lot if not all the ground it gained in the next 4 to 5 years....and companies that shell out for the new GMA-2s are being very shortsighted and will have their business eaten up by companies that invest in the FPS line.

Just my opinion though.....I'm sure others will differ.:hogsign:
Children
No Data
Related