which visuliser do you prefer?

I was fiddling around with capture the other day and about halfway through a show I wondered which of the four visualisers was the most preferred.

Any suggestions/comments?
Parents
  • Hi Snowman,

I must admit, I much prefer the Polar graphics, though I understand where you're coming from. One thing I liked about 2005 was the ability to be able to match fixture brightnesses - useful for programming/focusing. Also, Polar tends to oversaturate filter colours - my pale straw tint is now very yellow!

I've never tried to run Hog and Capture on the same machine. My laptop only just copes visualising full screen, so both programs together may cause melt down! If I'm demo-ing at a rehearsal, I borrow a friend's laptop to look after the Hog side of things, and hook it up to mine. Not been able to try polar graphics on the laptop - the ATI drivers can't cope with it and there are no up-to-date ones on the HP site. Very annoying! Give me NVidia anyday!

Rob
  • Hi Snowman,

I must admit, I much prefer the Polar graphics, though I understand where you're coming from. One thing I liked about 2005 was the ability to be able to match fixture brightnesses - useful for programming/focusing. Also, Polar tends to oversaturate filter colours - my pale straw tint is now very yellow!

I've never tried to run Hog and Capture on the same machine. My laptop only just copes visualising full screen, so both programs together may cause melt down! If I'm demo-ing at a rehearsal, I borrow a friend's laptop to look after the Hog side of things, and hook it up to mine. Not been able to try polar graphics on the laptop - the ATI drivers can't cope with it and there are no up-to-date ones on the HP site. Very annoying! Give me NVidia anyday!

Rob
Children
No Data
Related