which visuliser do you prefer?

I was fiddling around with capture the other day and about halfway through a show I wondered which of the four visualisers was the most preferred.

Any suggestions/comments?
Parents
  • Hi Snowman.

I started out using Wyg 21 about a year & a half ago. It was the first CAD platform for me. The beauty with Wyg is that the GUI and CAD design aspect is very easy to use. In no time at all I started producing some pretty cool venues which I work in. Now that Wyg 22 has been released the rendering looks infinitely better and I am happy to stay with Wyg for now.

The downside of Wyg for me is 1) Very expensive software subscription which has to be paid yearly. The amount payable seems ok for large scale buisnesses, but for your average lighting Joe it's harsh. If your'e running Wyg Perform It's gonna cost you $1,119 US yearly just so you can aquire the new fixture & software updates. 2) Presentation mode still crashes a lot. Make sure you save your work before you go there. 3) Autofocus feature is not compatable with all lighting consoles. Just because a console can be used with Wyg as a visualizer, it doesn't mean that it also has the Autofocus feature. ( eg Strand 500 series consoles ). 4) I don't exactly love the control GUI in Design mode. It seems very dated to me now & is too small & fiddilly. So I pretty much control everything in Perform mode via an offline editor.

Aside from that its all very cool on Wyg.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi Snowman.

I started out using Wyg 21 about a year & a half ago. It was the first CAD platform for me. The beauty with Wyg is that the GUI and CAD design aspect is very easy to use. In no time at all I started producing some pretty cool venues which I work in. Now that Wyg 22 has been released the rendering looks infinitely better and I am happy to stay with Wyg for now.

The downside of Wyg for me is 1) Very expensive software subscription which has to be paid yearly. The amount payable seems ok for large scale buisnesses, but for your average lighting Joe it's harsh. If your'e running Wyg Perform It's gonna cost you $1,119 US yearly just so you can aquire the new fixture & software updates. 2) Presentation mode still crashes a lot. Make sure you save your work before you go there. 3) Autofocus feature is not compatable with all lighting consoles. Just because a console can be used with Wyg as a visualizer, it doesn't mean that it also has the Autofocus feature. ( eg Strand 500 series consoles ). 4) I don't exactly love the control GUI in Design mode. It seems very dated to me now & is too small & fiddilly. So I pretty much control everything in Perform mode via an offline editor.

Aside from that its all very cool on Wyg.

Hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related