which visuliser do you prefer?

I was fiddling around with capture the other day and about halfway through a show I wondered which of the four visualisers was the most preferred.

Any suggestions/comments?
Parents
  • ESP is priced by the universe:

1U = $750
    2U = $1,500
    3U = $2,250

... and so on, adding 750 per universe, capped at 10 universes, where it becomes unlimited number of channels for $7500. The annual subscription is comparatively low, $150 per year, which is supposed to give you tech support and access to all upgrades. That's my understanding anyway. There is also an educational version for $450, and they sell "V-boxes" for DMX output to consoles that don't have direct connectivity.

Of course the system requirements for ESP are pretty high, so factor that in, unless you run it on an Intel MAC, in which case I'm told any of them are fine, run in Boot Camp right now, and native MAC when 3.0 comes out.

VectorWorks 2009 Spotlight with RenderWorks lists for $2,195, but I got a 25% discount on upgrading my VW 12.5 to 2009, so it might be worth calling Nemetschek and asking if they have any specials on the software itself.

I looked into 3D Max about 6 months ago ... don't remember exactly, but want to say it was $4000 range, and was sold under a pretty tight distributorship, so there weren't any real deals I could find ... maybe save a few hundred with some looking.
  • ESP is priced by the universe:

1U = $750
    2U = $1,500
    3U = $2,250

... and so on, adding 750 per universe, capped at 10 universes, where it becomes unlimited number of channels for $7500. The annual subscription is comparatively low, $150 per year, which is supposed to give you tech support and access to all upgrades. That's my understanding anyway. There is also an educational version for $450, and they sell "V-boxes" for DMX output to consoles that don't have direct connectivity.

Of course the system requirements for ESP are pretty high, so factor that in, unless you run it on an Intel MAC, in which case I'm told any of them are fine, run in Boot Camp right now, and native MAC when 3.0 comes out.

VectorWorks 2009 Spotlight with RenderWorks lists for $2,195, but I got a 25% discount on upgrading my VW 12.5 to 2009, so it might be worth calling Nemetschek and asking if they have any specials on the software itself.

I looked into 3D Max about 6 months ago ... don't remember exactly, but want to say it was $4000 range, and was sold under a pretty tight distributorship, so there weren't any real deals I could find ... maybe save a few hundred with some looking.
Children
No Data
Related