DP8000

So I've been hearing about the new DP8000 and how it's art net ready. I'm not sure what means, but someone was telling me that i can address the fixtures from the board itself, is that true? Is there anyone who can enlighten me a little bit?:06:

I googled art net a bit and got really confused. Im a self taught lighting guy if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Parents
  • I think ultimately it will be RDM compatible.....just look at what HES is doing with their single DMX widgets already....fixture firmware upgrades with WinUpdate, and now ECHO are both RDM based.....so I'm going to say software yet again....it would'nt surprise me at all to see a software release someday that allows RDM direct from the desk.....Hard to say for sure, but this is my suspicion.:cool:

[quote=theDutchGuy]thanks for pointing out to everyone that I can't tell an 8 from a 3. now I'll have to go and become a soundguy...

No, no, no....you've got it all wrong ;).....soundguys only count to "2"...because stagehands lift on "3" :D.
  • I think ultimately it will be RDM compatible.....just look at what HES is doing with their single DMX widgets already....fixture firmware upgrades with WinUpdate, and now ECHO are both RDM based.....so I'm going to say software yet again....it would'nt surprise me at all to see a software release someday that allows RDM direct from the desk.....Hard to say for sure, but this is my suspicion.:cool:

[quote=theDutchGuy]thanks for pointing out to everyone that I can't tell an 8 from a 3. now I'll have to go and become a soundguy...

No, no, no....you've got it all wrong ;).....soundguys only count to "2"...because stagehands lift on "3" :D.
Children
No Data
Related